We are looking for new volunteers to join the Board of Trustees at Red Lion Group.
Would you like to join this small team of enthusiastic and friendly volunteers? If so we would love to hear from you. Please read the information below and write to me at email@example.com if you would like to know more.
RLG is a small charity run by volunteer Trustees, with a shared passion/ mandate to provide support, advice and reassurance to people who have – or are thinking of having – an internal pouch, plus their friends and family. Our membership is currently around 350 people and we are seeking to increase this to 500 over the next 2 years. We are a registered charity and have a commitment to good governance and compliance.
We are looking for people who are happy to work as part of a team on various administrative tasks to deliver information and advice to our members. The time commitment is not onerous, perhaps 2-4 hours per month on average. Up until now we have had one face to face meeting a year, typically in London and an opportunity to meet face to face at the Information Day (which takes place at St Mark’s Hospital in Spring time). All other activities can be achieved from the comfort of your own home.
During COVID, we have used online meeting facilities (zoom) to conduct meetings and these have been very successful. We have between 3 and 6 team telecons per year.
Key attributes are:
- Enthusiasm to support our members
- Happy to work with other Trustees as part of a valued, small team
- Ideally (but not essential), with skills/instincts in one or more of the following: Fundraising, member enrolment, IT, project management, process design, social media, marketing
- With the time to devote to this role (2-5 hours per month)
- Willing and able to help the charity develop and improve what we do
- You do not need to have undergone the surgical procedure to be a trustee. Many of our members are family and friends of “pouchees” and we have other non-pouchees amongst the trustees
- We welcome people from diverse backgrounds
Participation is voluntary, although we do reimburse expenses where necessary.
We hope you will be inspired to join us!